The conference is coming up very soon! Some updates on registration procedures:
– In case we need to contact you, we would appreciate a phone number and/or email address.
– Internet access will be provided for delegates from other universities.
– If attending the opening dinner, $5 (exact change, please!) must be paid at the time of registration.
– If coming from out-of-town, you will receive a bus pass valid for the entire weekend.
Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of days!
Room locations for the panels have been added to the Schedule.
Panel A – UC224A
Panel B – UC225A
UC: University College building (which looks like this – the one with the clock tower, and colour in the picture).
Directions on how to get to Western University from the Via Rail station and the Greyhound Bus terminal have been posted on our Facebook page.
We’re almost there! In two weeks we will be gathering to discuss laugh from many perspectives. These are some updates you should notice:
– Panels are called A or B no more… now they have names! We have tried to be creative with the names, to go with the conference theme. You can see them in the Schedule page.
– Keynote speakers have emailed us their lecture title. On Friday, March 1st, Dr. Allan Pero (Western) will present “Camp: Kant’s Unwritten Fourth Critique.” The following day, Dr. Ian Reilly (Concordia) will discuss “Laughing Our Way to Revolution? The Uneven Politics of Contemporary Humour.” We will finish, Sunday, with Dr. Luca Pocci (Western) “No Laughing Matter: Pirandello’s Humour.”
– For the opening dinner, Friday at 6pm, it has moved from The Wave to The Spoke. We will walk together after Dr. Pero’s lecture.
– Abstract and Bios is now up. Please let us know if any changes are required to your abstract and/or biography.
We look forward to meeting you very soon.
Aurie Zeran, Jaime Brenes Reyes, and Jaime Ontiveros (Organizers).
We are on Twitter: @MLLgradconferen, https://twitter.com/MLLgradconferen
We are very excited to confirm the participation of three keynote speakers: Dr. Allan Pero (Western), Dr. Ian Reilly (Concordia), and Dr. Luca Pocci (Western).